What is Nano IPS? Hold on, you are at the right place. Read further to know more about it.
Nano IPS is the improved version of the IPS technology by LG. When applied to the LED backlight of an IPS display, it allows for a wider color gamut of up to 98% DCI-P3 or 135% sRGB. LG’s Nano IPS technology involves nanoparticles that are applied to a LED backlight of an IPS-panel display.
These particles absorb excessive light wavelengths to increase the color gamut of a display. As a result, in comparison to standard IPS displays which cover ~100% of the sRGB color space, Nano IPS displays have an extended gamut of ~135% sRGB or 98% DCI-P3.
Now, this allows displays to deliver more vibrant and lifelike colors that are, among other things, crucial for an immersive HDR (High Dynamic Range) viewing experience. We’ve reviewed a few Nano IPS monitors, including the LG 27GL850, the LG 34GP83A, and the Dell S2721DGF.
There are many more Nano IPS displays announced, which you can check out here. When it comes to TVs, LG offers a series of TVs called ‘Nano Cell,’ which uses Nano IPS technology.
What Is Nano IPS?
IPS, or in-plane switching, is a screen technology for LCDs. It was designed to improve upon the older TN, or twisted nematic, screens. IPS screens have many advantages over TN screens, including better color reproduction, wider viewing angles, and faster response times.
However, IPS screens are also more expensive to produce. Nano IPS is a new variation of IPS that promises even better performance than traditional IPS screens.
Nano IPS screens use nanoparticles to help improve color reproduction. They also have even faster response times and wider viewing angles than traditional IPS screens.
In addition, nano IPS screens are less expensive to produce than traditional IPS screens. As a result, they are quickly becoming the screen of choice for high-end monitors and TVs.
LG Nano IPS vs. Samsung Quantum Dot: TVs
Now, despite certain advantages IPS offers over VA (more accurate colors, faster response time, and wider viewing angles) panels, the VA technology still provides a higher contrast ratio, which is arguably the most crucial display specification.
In comparison to VA-panel TVs, IPS models don’t have as deep black shades; in fact, they are grayish in comparison. Furthermore, on some TVs and monitors, Samsung applies a quantum dot film layer between a display’s LED backlight and its panel, which, similarly to Nano IPS, increases the display’s color gamut and brightness.
These quantum dot displays are referred to as QLED. Due to the higher contrast ratio of VA panels, QLED TVs are more popular than Nano IPS TVs, but LG has a different display technology called OLED, which competes against high-end QLED TVs. Learn more about OLED vs. QLED.
Nano IPS vs. IPS Displays: What Is The Difference?
IPS (in-plane switching) displays are known for their exceptional color reproduction and wide viewing angles. nano IPS takes those same benefits and adds enhanced brightness and contrast, making it ideal for gaming and other color-critical applications.
While both types of IPS panels offer excellent image quality, there are some key differences to consider before making a purchase.
Nano IPS vs. IPS Displays: Tabular Comparison
|Creator||LG||Hitachi and LG|
|Type of Technology||Improvement on the backlight of LCD display panels||Type of LCD display panel|
|Typical Response Times||1ms||4ms|
|Typical Color Gamut||98% DCI-P3 or 135% sRGB||Dependent on the backlight technology used|
Nano IPS panels use a special nanoparticle coating that allows them to produce deeper blacks and brighter whites than traditional IPS panels. This results in an increased contrast ratio, which is especially beneficial for gamers who need to spot subtle detail in shadows.
In addition, the enhanced brightness levels make nano IPS panels more suitable for use in well-lit environments.
Traditional IPS panels are treated with an antiglare coating that diffuses light, reducing screen glare and making images appear softer. Nano IPS panels do not require this treatment, resulting in sharper image quality.
However, the increased brightness of nano IPS panels can cause eye strain in some users, so it’s important to consider your intended usage prior to making a purchase.
So what is Nano IPS? Nano IPS is a new technology that has been developed to improve the color accuracy and viewing angles of LCD displays. Nano IPS were created in response to the popularity of OLED displays, which offer superior contrast ratios and viewing angles than traditional LCDs.
This was all about our article on “What is Nano IPS”. If you have any queries, let us know in the comments below. Thanks for reading till the end.
- Exploring Viator: A Deep Dive into the Popular Travel Activity Platform - December 2, 2023
- Skechers Review: More Than a Brand, a Lifestyle - November 30, 2023
- Navigating the Seas of Luxury: A Comprehensive MSC Cruises Review - November 30, 2023
- bet365: the ultimate casino destination for indian players
- win big and have fun with bet365: india\'s best casino site
- bet365: the only casino site you need for indian gaming fun
- join the fun at bet365: india\'s most popular casino site
- discover the best casino site in india: bet365
- play the best casino games and claim huge bonuses at bet365
- get ready to win big at bet365: india\'s premier casino site
- bet365: the online casino site that offers the best rewards
- why bet365 is the best casino site for indian players who love to win
- looking for the best casino site in india? look no further than bet365
- bet365: the casino site that offers the best gaming variety for indian players
- experience the thrill of casino gaming with bet365
- get your casino gaming fix at bet365, india\'s leading site
- join the fun and win big with bet365: india\'s top casino site
- discover the best casino site in india for big jackpots: bet365
- bet365: the casino site that offers the best experience for indian players
- play your favorite casino games at bet365, india\'s most trusted site
- why bet365 is the only casino site you need for indian gaming fun
- bet365: the premier casino site for indian players who love to win
- get in on the action at bet365, india\'s best online casino